Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No More Fruit Flies

I have been having a problem with fruit flies lately. I put all of our fruit in the refrigerator or in Ziploc bags and I thought I had gotten rid of them.

Then I went to make Amish Friendship Bread. To make it you have to leave a bread starter out on your counter top for 10 days. Well the fermenting bread starter attracted fruit flies again. I had read somewhere on the Internet of a solution to get rid of them, but I could not remember where.

I remembered the ingredients, but I could not remember the amounts. The ingredients were white vinegar, dishwashing soap, and water. So I poured a little vinegar in a bowl and added a little dishwashing soap, and some water.

Guess what??!! It worked!! No more fruit flies!! Can you see the little bugs in the bottom of the bowl?

No comments: