Monday, September 1, 2008

God is good




This year I was not very excited to start schooling. I think I have mentioned before that we have had a lot going on lately. We had a baby and moved and I was also planning on starting Princess on some schoolwork. I have been just worn out lately and the thought of shipping my kids off to school somewhere has been very appealing.

But then God is always so good to show me why I need to keep on homeschooling. First an email was sent out on the homeschooling email list that I am on. It was a devotional from Crosswalk Homeschool Encouragement. In this email the author talks about how she had lost her joy in her daily activities as a Mom. She kept hearing in her mind that she should put the kids in school and be a career mom. That she was failing at teaching her kids. That she was doomed to failure. Then one day one of her children thanked her for teaching them. It was then that she realized that she had let the enemies voice in her head. She wondered how well things would have been going if she believed that her homeschooling venture was a success.

Another day I was looking through some blogs and I found a link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh2VFkF7NLo to an interview with Steven Curtis Chapman about the loss of his daughter. From there I watched a music video dedicated to her. These made me think about how short time is with our kids. How I should cherish all of the time I have with them. God has given the desire to homeshool to my husband and I and I should thank him for that added time I have with my kids. The Bible clearly states that children are a blessing. Why would I want to send my blessings to someone else? Why would I let someone else have the blessing of watching their faces light up when they learn something?

So from there I started homeschooling last week. It went better than I could ever imagine. Both kids were excited and enjoyed it. Baby napped while we were working and I had plenty of time with both big kids.

So just as always God is so good to provide the encouragement that is needed just when it is
needed!!

No comments: