Monday, September 15, 2008

Black Bean Salsa

I just returned from my weekend away. Well, it was kind of away. It was only 30 minutes away and baby went with me. It was still a good time and break. There was no house to be cleaned, no dinner to be cooked, no laundry to be washed, and someone else cooked for me. I had girl time all weekend long. It is nice to have time to just spend with friends.

We all bring snacks and I had a request to bring this dip. Everyone always want the recipe for this, so I thought I would post it.

2 cans black beans, rinsed
1 can white shoe peg corn
1 can rotel
1/2 red onion chopped
6 tbs olive oil
6 tbs lime juice
6 tbs Italian dressing
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate overnight and serve with chips or wrap in soft tortillas.

No comments: