Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Bible Time

Ever since my realization that my resolutions are not working because I am not keeping God first, I have been getting up early. And this is what I have decided about getting up early: It is for the birds.

I hate getting up early. The first day I did it, my day went better. I did not get frustrated with the kids. I did not get mad at the kids. We still had things go wrong, like a flood in my laundry room, but I did not get too frustrated with the kids and I had a peace and calm about myself through the day. I was tired though.

The nest day was even harder to get up. I was so tired through the day. I did get a little frustrated, but not as bad. My frustration was more due to being so tired. I have been going to bed earlier, but I am still so tired.

This morning I almost could not get out of bed. I did not get out of bed until after 7:00. Luckily most of my family slept in. Grant did get up, but he is good to leave me alone if I ask him and I have a good reason.

I have started reading the Bible through. My church always encourages us to do this and this year they have provided a devotional to use. So I am reading what the days assignment is and then reading the short devotional. I got started late and have been having to do a couple of days reading everyday. I am almost caught up. Actually if I had gotten up early today I would have had time to read two days today and I would have gotten caught up.

Tomorrow I will try again.

No comments: