Tuesday, June 16, 2009

90 day Bible Challenge

I have started a 90 day Bible challenge. The goal is to read through the Bible in 90 days. I am praying that I will be able to do this.

Yesterday I read Genesis Chapters 1 -16. The first thing that always amazes me is how orderly and organized God is. And how unorderly and unorganized I am. This is an area I really need to pray over.

The next thing I thought about was how Adam and Eve spent time with God in person, but still managed to sin. How can I expect to do any better, especially on the days I do not spend time with God?

The next area that really stood out to me was when Sarah gave Hagar to Abraham. They had God's promise of offspring, but decided that they did not like his timing or maybe they doubted His promise. So they took matters in their own hands. How many times have I done that? And look at the lasting effects of them doing that. What lasting effects are there when I take matters in my own hands?

Now it is on to the next days reading.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi Emily! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what jumped out at you. Walking WITH God really stood out to me too! I keep wondering what that was like...
Anyway...It is nice to meet you! I'm going to link to you from my blog so that I can follow you during this challenge. If that's not ok, just let me know!
In Him,
Rebecca