Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sethy Boy


Seth is 7 months old now. He has some new tricks and is working on a few more.


He is crawling like a race car driver. He is also pulling up on everything. The other day Grant and I were playing with Seth in the floor and Seth took a toy from Grant while Seth was standing up holding on to me. When he took the toy from Grant he used both hands and let go of me. He stood there for a few seconds all by himself. Then he realized what he had done and he sat down. Grant and I cheered for him and he had the biggest smile on his face. He was really proud of himself.


Another one of his favorite tricks is to sneak over to the stairs and start to climb them. I think it is time to do some baby proofing around the house.


Another of his tricks is my least favorite. He has decided that he does not like to sleep. He is waking up several times during the night. I try to let him cry it out, but it is not working. After listening to him for 30 min, one of us usually gives into him and picks him up. Then the only way to get him back to sleep is to feed him, even though it goes against everything I know on how to get a baby try sleep through the night. At 3:00 in the morning, when you have had several nights of this and you are very sleep deprived, you will try anything to get them to sleep. I am not one to rush to the doctor, but this is getting old. I am wondering if he has an ear ache or has stomach problems. I pulled back on his baby food thinking maybe he was having an allergy to something, but that has not seemed to make a difference.

No comments: