Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Crazy Lady

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel like a crazy lady? This week has been that way for me.

Katie Beth and Seth have not been sleeping well lately. That has made me so tired. I have not been getting much sleep.

I also have been upset with myself over my New Year's resolutions. I am still drinking coke, a smaller amount though. I have not been running the stairs like I thought I would. We have not been eating out, but we are still eating some of the processed food we already had. And I have not spent anytime with God.

Today I received my Homeschool minute email that is from the Old Schoolhouse Magazine. It talked about our priorities for the New Year. They talked about the verse "Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven and all these things will be added unto you."

It clicked with me. Have I been seeking God first? No, I have not sought God at all. The only reason I have opened my Bible was to work with the kids on their verses. I have not worked on any verses for myself. I picked up a pamphlet at church about reading through the Bible in a year, but I have not even looked at it.

Now it is time for me to get my priorities straight. "Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven!"

No comments: