Thursday, September 4, 2008

A chair full of clothes


In our town we have a biannual kids clothing sale. You can sell the clothes that your kids have outgrown and buy new ones for the next season. The clothes have to be free of stains and tears.

I have been participating in this sale since it started. Before we had one here I would travel to one that was held in Little Rock. I love that I can buy everything my kids need for the season at once. Before there was not much for bigger boys, but this year I found more for number 1 son than anyone else. I was so surprised!!

Last night when I brought all of these home my kids were so excited. Number 1 son was the most excited. He had to try on everything. He kept saying, "Thank you Mommy, Thank You!"

So for all of these clothes, enough for 3 kids, I paid about $300. I also bought some shoes that I did not get in the picture. These clothes are all name brand too!! They are Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree and Children's Place. Sometimes you can even find boutique brand clothing.

You can choose to sell your clothes at 1/2 price on the last day of the sale. I did not find many pajamas and I also need a play coat for princess. I am going to try to go back on Saturday and see if I can find any more bargains.

My best bargain was the coat I bought for Number 1 son. It is a wool coat that looks brand new for $5. I was so excited. I even found a similar one for baby. Now the boys can dress alike. I also found a corduroy blazer for Number 1 son that looks just like one his Daddy has. they can dress alike too!

No comments: